The 10 Best Customer Feedback Tools For Your Website
If you had a real store it would be easy for you to chat with your customers about their experience.
It’s often not that easy to gather feedback from angry, frustrated or disappointed customers on your website because an alternative offer is just a quick click away. They just leave without telling you why.
You need to find processes to capture feedback from your visitors at the right time and right place.
Here you’ll find a collection of the 10 best tools to help you gathering customer feedback on your website.
Mixpanel is a more quantitative than qualitative. You can define and track key metrics or user journeys on your site and also see the actions individual people take on your site – all live. I’ve listed it nevertheless because it has a valuable feature of linking quantitative data with your existing customer data. You can also send your customers custom messages based on their behavior.
This is a great way of finding out where your website’s visitors aren’t engaging and ask them for input.
Pricing: Free up to 100.000 data points, 1000 profiles
Hellobar is a quick way to display messages on your site. You can e.g. trigger a popup when your customers are about to leave and ask them for suggestions for improvement or send them to a survey.
You can further use Hellobar to:
- Drive traffic to the location of your choice
- Grow your newsletter list
- Offer a tangible Bribe (e.g., eBook)
- Maximize the conversion rate of your landing page (e.g., eliminate distractions)
- Include a Prominent Call-to-Action
Pricing: Sign up is free, there are premium features.
Users are able to vote, share, make suggestions, and discuss feedback on IdeaScale. Whenever users vote on ideas, the one that makes the most “noise” rises to the top. Users are also able to access the feedback widget from any page on the website.
This widget makes it easy for you to reply to visitors’ opinions and make note of them using customizable tabs. It also integrates with Google Analytics.
Pricing: The price ranges from free to $99 per month.
With Clicktale you can collect quantitative data on how your visitors are engaging with your site. Clicktale visualizes these insights with the help of Mouse Move or Click Heatmaps.
With advanced filtering and segmentation you can identify how your most successful users are interacting with the page, and compare that with the behavior of those who don’t convert.
Use tools like Clicktale to spot potential areas of confusion on your site and follow up with qualitative testing like remote usability tests to learn more about the why behind the clicks.
Pricing: Not specified, Demo possible
Olark will help you locate your visitors, find out what they are searching for, see what’s in their carts while they are shopping, and allow for instant feedback.
You can then chat with customers immediately in your browser.
Pricing: There is a free plan and their paid plans start at $15 per month.
Uservoice allows you to collect customer feedback from your website, but also from your mobile apps.
You can reach out to your customers proactively by reviewing who is happy based on customer engagement data from your site.
Pricing: $45 per month and agent, 14 day trial
Make use of Surveygizmo to collect all kinds of information from customers on your website. With it’s automated analysis tool they make it easy for you to spot patterns in your data.
- Survey in any language, in any country
- Surveys can be shared via email, social media, or embedded on your website.
- Help with finding respondents
- Use SurveyGizmo reporting suite to analyze your data or link to other analytical tools
- Automated analysis is done for you, so it is easy to see correlations, patterns, and trends between questions.
Pricing: Plans start at $25 per month, but they also have a free plan.
Survicate takes the guesswork out of understanding what visitors expect from your site. For example, Survicate allows you to gather information about your visitors as they browse your website. They know how many items are in the visitor’s cart, how long they have been on your site, and so on.
Survicate allows you to:
- Actively gather feedback from your website visitors even as they browse.
- Obtain a snapshot of who your visitors are, what they need and what stops them from achieving their goals.
- Locate Find snags in your website conversion and improve a product or communication.
- Get instant, actionable tips on how to collect and utilize feedback on your website.
Pricing: 50 responses a month for free. Upgrade to access all features with 15-day trial.
Put yourself in the shoes of your website visitors and experience the eye opening moment of someone else using your site.
With Userbrain you receive a 5 to 10 minutes long video from a random user exploring your website, speaking out loud his thoughts as she or he follows a scenario you provide.
By keeping you in a weekly testing loop, Userbrain will help you making continuous usability testing a habit. Check out some features:
- Short, weekly videos of people testing your website, web app or prototype
- Test on various devices (Tablets, smartphones and desktop computers)
- No recruiting necessary – Userbrain provides the testers
- Doesn’t require a lot of time (take a few minutes each week to look at your videos and keep locating and fixing any of your site’s usability problems.
Pricing: Plans start at just $29 per month.
Usersnap will help you get things done with visual communication. This can be accomplished by taking a screenshot of what the user is doing on your site.
It allows to report bugs right in the browser so they don’t have to leave the page they’re having trouble with or fill out forms to make the report; they are tracked onsite.
Pricing: Plans start at $19 per month and they also have a 15-day free trial.
Do you know of any other tools for getting feedback on your website? Let us know in the comments section below.